The Liverpool Counts Quality Mark was set up by the Liverpool Learning Partnership in response to the identification of maths as an issue in school settings across the city. The aim of the programme is to raise standards in maths by changing attitudes and perceptions towards maths, and promoting the importance of maths as a life skill.
The Liverpool Counts Quality Mark aims to:
- Raise standards with enjoyment of maths being at the heart of all activities.
- Challenge and change perceptions/attitudes towards maths
- Make maths relevant by making contexts real life
- Promote the use of technology in maths
- Involve parents, local businesses and cultural communities
- Create a sustainable legacy of a love of numbers.
As a part of the award and our drive and commitment to raising both standards and the enjoyment of mathematics, we will be holding events throughout the school year to help everyone to have fun and improve their mathematics skills.